MISSOULA, MONTANA BASED BEER REPRESENTATIVE
This position is an account-level sales person focused on growing Great Northern’s business within a market designation of key accounts. As a Beer Representative of Great Northern, you have a very important responsibility; how you execute the job is every bit as important as the results you achieve in the market. The Beer Rep for Great Northern is an agent of great beer, celebration, and must champion the culture of high standards in the distributorship and the market. The beer business is fun and competitive. Likewise, the Great Northern Beer Rep is expected to be have high standards for growth and representation, all while having fun. The primary area of focus will be the state of Montana, with regular sales trips throughout the state, as well as sales trips occasional trips into the Dakotas and eastern Washington. The primary place of residence for the Montana based Beer Rep is Missoula.
- Achieve specified account goals as provided by your manager
- Aggressive pursuit of new on and off-premise distribution
- Achieve and maintain Great Northern market presence in order to make Great Northern a craft beer market leader
- Maintain and/or develop “favored supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs
- Spread the news – keep accounts informed about all things happening with Great Northern
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in the markets you work.
- Perform weekly distributor work-withs, promotions and staff trainings, secure bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit as many as 15 accounts a day.
Market and Distributor Knowledge
- Maintain and/or develop “favored supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on your contribution to the growth and prosperity of Great Northern and distributor’s businesses – become an asset that our distributor partners rely on.
- Develop relationships with all people, in particular, key market people at the distributor
- Develop understanding for how the following get done:
- point of sale orders
- pulling and invoicing of samples
- scheduling ride-withs
- scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays
- basic policies for handling distributor bill backs
- receiving monthly sales reports
- scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings
- how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Develop extensive knowledge of retail pricing methods (i.e. PTR and PTC; both front-line and post-off), as well as competitor pricing strategies
- Develop fundamental knowledge of the production schedule and the availability of all products (seasonal and year-round)
- Develop market profile target lists, etc.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Highly motivated and self-starting
- Strong desire to be in the market late night
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and it’s product offerings
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to learn and master the selling skills process
- Basic computer competence in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Apps
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Previous beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted on candidates.
Compensation to be discussed upon an interview request. Please submit resumes to General Manager, Marcus Duffey: email@example.com