QA/QC LAB DIRECTOR and ASSISTANT BREWER
This position is a unique brewing position in that it combines two disciplines. The ideal candidate is professionally trained in chemistry, biology and/or other lab sciences. This experience and discipline has led the candidate to an interest in brewing sciences, yet the candidate may not have received formal education in brewing. The right candidate for this position will lead in the formal development and maintenance of a quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) at Great Northern, all while working with our brewing staff to become a qualified commercial brewer and cellarman.
• No less than a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from an accredited four year university and/or a brewing certificate from an accredited brewing science school.
o Notable hands on experience in laboratory science (food laboratory experience is ideal)
- Experience in authoring best practices is a major plus.
- Experience in authoring standard laboratory operating procedures is a major plus.
• Extraordinary problem solving skills
• Above average leadership qualities
• A jaw-dropping work ethic
• A strong desire to grow professionally
• Solid communication skills
• Demonstrates ambition to excel in the brewing industry
• Creatively minded
• Extremely organized – disorganization drives you crazy!
• Excited to relocate to beautiful Whitefish, Montana U.S.A.
This candidate will work with the existing brewing staff and must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekend work. The main focus of the job will be to develop a formal quality assurance and control program, while learning to commercially brew, cellar as well as some packaging components. Primary focus will include:
• Laboratory Operations
• Wort Production and Analysis
• Cellaring and Analysis
• Author of QA/QC Standard Operating Procedures
• Quality Assurance Implementation
• Tasting Panels
• Recipe Design
• Beer Program Development (casks, aging, fermentation programs)
This candidate must be willing to demonstrate comprehensive organization and professional discipline. As a small but growing brewery, resources may be limited throughout the QA/QC program development. The right candidate must demonstrate their willingness to be flexible, positive and always eager to grow personally and professionally despite vast available resources.
Compensation to be discussed within the interview process.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for downloadable PDF version.